Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Colorado Springs, Colorado? Contact your local utility company.
In today's New Green Deals, we're taking a look at the NEXPOWER 178Wh portable power station on sale for $90 plus much more.
The blizzard that hit Bismarck on Thursday smashed the city's snowfall record for the date and came just shy of being an all-time historic storm.
Thursday updates: Tropical Storm Nicole soaks Tampa Bay on way to north Florida Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
Nicole made landfall just south of Vero Beach as a Category 1 hurricane Thursday morning and has since weakened to a tropical storm.
1 charged in crash that left almost 200 without power Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A crash and fire led to a power outage initially impacting nearly 200 people.
Texans trapped in homes as tornado rips through state causing 'considerable damage' | US | News | Express.co.uk
A severe storm system in the south of the US has helped create the biggest tornado threat the country has seen for five months.
A crash closed an on-ramp near downtown Colorado Springs on Thursday evening, according to Gazette news partner KKTV.
Crews are responding to an electric outage in the northeast part of the city Thursday afternoon, according to Colorado Springs Utilities.
5 downed power lines spark 3-acre wildfire in Palmer Lake Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Thanks to a fast response from firefighters, the blaze was under control within an hour.
Power restored for an area in west Colorado Springs Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A power outage is affecting an area on the west side of Colorado Springs this Friday morning.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Colorado Springs, Colorado
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
|Zip Codes||80901, 80902, 80903, 80904, 80905, 80906, 80907, 80908, 80909, 80910|