Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Columbia, South Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Duke Energy Florida aims to wrap up restoration for customers by Friday night | Duke Energy | News Center
Duke Energy today said it is on track to restore nearly all customers who lost power during Tropical Storm Nicole by 10 p.m. tonight, though many will be restored sooner.
Also: Texas oil regulator’s campaign fueled mostly by oil industry
If approved, the monthly bill of a residential customer using 1,000 kWh per month would rise to $18.55.
A collision on Highway 1 near Lugoff is blocking traffic Thursday afternoon.
There were approximately 394,000 customer outages in Florida as a result of Hurricane Ian as of the afternoon of October 4, down from a peak of 2.7 million customers without power, the Department of Energy reported.
Hurricane Ian Disaster Recovery Timeline: SBA Loan Assistance, SpaceX Starlink Internet Service Details - ChannelE2E: Technology News for MSPs & Channel PartnersChannelE2E: Technology News for MSPs & Channel Partners Hurricane Ian Disaster Recovery Timeline: SBA Loan Assistance, SpaceX Starlink Internet Service Details - ChannelE2E: Technology News for MSPs & Channel Partners
Hurricane Ian power outages impact 435,000 customers. U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) intros disaster loan assistance. SpaceX Starlink offers emergency Internet service.
A single-vehicle crash left a large section of Sumter without power on Sunday night.
After a tree fell onto the building at AHEPA Apartments in Irmo, 16 residents have been safely evacuated and cleanup efforts have begun. No one was injured.
Power lines cause NC Highway 54 to close in Chapel Hill, officials say | CBS 17 Open Navigation Close Navigation
A fallen tree brought down power lines Saturday afternoon causing Highway 54 in Chapel Hill to close.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Columbia, South Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Columbia, South Carolina
|State||South Carolina (SC)|
|Zip Codes||29201, 29202, 29203, 29204, 29205, 29206, 29207, 29208, 29209, 29210|