Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Columbus Grove, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
AEP Ohio: Power restored to most customers in Belmont County | WTRF Open Navigation Close Navigation
UPDATE: July 28, 2022 8:51 p.m. AEP Ohio spokesman Michael Lascola confirms that power is now restored to the majority of homes affected by Thursday evening’s power outage. He says there are now only 40 customers without power in Belmont County, down from a high of nearly 3,300 earlier. Lascola says the cause of the […]
Verizon service now 'fully restored' in the Tri-State, officials say storms caused outage | WOWK Open Navigation Close Navigation
Andrew Testa, Corporate Communications with Verizon, has provided 13 News with a statement regarding service outages in the region.
American Electric Power says the order to shut off power to some areas of Columbus following last month's powerful storms "was driven by physics."
The Columbus-based electric utility has been criticized for outages following severe storms during days of extreme heat.
A FirstEnergy end run may help it score approval of a settlement agreement, and more from this month’s Eye on Utilities newsletter.
AEP allows you to file a claim over spoiled food, hotel stays, more | WTRF Open Navigation Close Navigation
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — Strong winds, thunderstorms and high temperatures became a combination that left many without electricity for days. If you had food go bad, lost wages at your job or had to stay in a hotel because of an extended outage, AEP has an online portal to file a claim. It’s not a […]
American Electric Power hoped to restore electricity to all Columbus-area customers by 5 a.m. Thursday.
It could be Friday before all electricity is restored in Wayne and Holmes counties. Meanwhile, many book hotel rooms or visit pools to cool off.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Columbus Grove, Ohio
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.