Did you lose power?
Convent Power Outages Caused by Weather
The plan to repurpose Convent would be the first in a series of projects Shell is considering at its chemicals facilities along the Gulf Coast.
/PRNewswire/ -- SunCoke Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SXC) today reported the temporary suspension of operations at its Convent Marine Terminal on the Louisiana Gulf...
Here’s the latest information on power, curfew, water, and more for St. James Parish after Hurricane Ida moved through the area. Save this link and check back for up
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Convent, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.