Did you lose power?
Florida Power & Light is working on restoration for 1.1 million customers | Latest Weather | yoursun.com
Florida Power & Light is trying to restore power to 1.1 million customers impacted by Hurricane Ian.
Hurricane Ian downgraded to Category 2, but Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis warns troubles not over | Live Updates from Fox News Digital
Hurricane Ian made landfall in southwest Florida Wednesday, flooding streets and leaving 2 million people without power. Fox News is updating with the latest news surrounding the storm, its impact, travel and emergency updates.
Coral Gables Police Officer Esteban Soza was arrested and accused of driving under the influence over the weekend
Police: 1 dead, 2 in custody in botched Gables robbery that led to Coconut Grove search facebook twitter instagram rss
Police from multiple agencies swarmed Miami’s Coconut Grove neighborhood Friday morning, searching for up to two suspects involved in a homicide in nearby Coral Gables.
Tesla 1% Responsible In Fiery Crash + Hyatt 3-Tower Project Revealed - Miami, FL - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Miami.
Homestead Carbon Monoxide Poisoning + Florida Keys Shark Bite - Miami, FL - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Miami.
New details released about worker who died after falling from Coral Gables building facebook twitter instagram rss
A worker who died last week after falling from a building in Coral Gables has been identified as Elmer Solis, the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed on Monday.
Window Washer in Coral Gables Fatal Fall ID’d, as Death Investigation Continues – NBC 6 South Florida
The window washer who fell to his death while working at a building in Coral Gables has been identified, as the investigation into the incident continues.
The storm system in South Florida also caused a sewage overflow in Miami-Dade County.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Coral Gables, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.