Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Crandon, Wisconsin? Contact your local utility company.
Report an Outage(800) 662-4797 Report Online
Wisconsin Public Service
Report an Outage(800) 450-7240 Report Online
United Electric Cooperative Inc
Report an Outage(800) 262-8959
Report an Outage(888) 544-4877 Report Online
Central Electric Cooperative Inc
Report an Outage(800) 282-8610 Report Online
Many schools closed, power outages widespread due to high winds | WXPR
Sustained high winds cause problems in a wide area
Dec 16, 2021
Wisconsin weather live updates: Thousands still face power outages
Strong winds are expected to last throughout the day Thursday before subsiding at night, according to the National Weather Service.
Dec 15, 2021
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Wisconsin cities.
Are power is not on and we been out since 7:00