Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Crosby, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Crosby Power Outages Caused by Weather
A Crosby gas station, one of the few full service locations left in the county, will remain open despite four recent crashes into the business. The dangerous curve on FM 2100 has long been the site of numerous accidents.
Henderson ISD moves middle school students to high school due to power outages Open Navigation Close Navigation
The City of Henderson released a statement Wednesday notifying residents of power outages across several city blocks.
Car hits power pole, causing outage in Central Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Police say all traffic lights are out on Sullivan Road between Greenwell Springs Road and Hooper Road.
Power mostly restored after major outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The outages impacted customers in Gonzales, Prairieville, and surrounding areas.
Travelers were left in the dark for over two hours and counting at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport early Wednesday morning.
Power restored at BRCC; classes at Mid City campus to resume at noon Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Schools leaders announced all other BRCC sites will open and operate as normally scheduled.
TYLER, Texas (KETK) - Recent storms left 1,693 without power in the East Texas area on Tuesday as of 8 a.m.
Most power has been restored across East Texas after more than 12,000 people were without power during the day on Wednesday. There are approximately 752 outages as of this writing.
Weather causes power outages in Baton Rouge area Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Thousands of Entergy customers are without power in the Baton Rouge area Wednesday morning due to heavy rains and storms.
Baker Municipal Offices open following power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Business can be conducted virtually, officials say.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Crosby, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.