Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Crowley, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
Using several tactics to build resilience into the electric system near the coast, Entergy Louisiana recently hardened overhead equipment and undergrounded a portion of the distribution system.
Entergy Louisiana recently began construction of an approximately $100 million transmission project that aims to build resilience and increase the reliability of its electric grid in southwest Louisiana.
Hurricane Delta made landfall Friday evening. The now-tropical depression headed for Mississippi left damage, major outages across south Louisiana
As Hurricane Delta blows through Southwest Louisiana, one thing is certain: power outages will occur.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Crowley, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.