Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Crystal River, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Crystal River Power Outages Caused by Weather
At least two people have died during the damage wrought by Nicole's overnight landfall Thursday along Florida's eastern shore, which knocked out power to thousands, pushed buildings near collapse and flooded the coast as the first hurricane to hit the United States in November in nearly 40 years.
Tropical Storm Nicole remained on track as of Thursday afternoon, moving west-northwest at 16 mph, according to the National Weather Service (NWS).
Water and electricity might not be restored to all the homes, businesses, schools and hospitals in Southwest Florida until Sunday. Updates.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Residents who live on Linda Lane in Lake Mary are being told to stay indoors because of multiple down power lines.
Hurricane Ian’s bands of winds and rain spared Citrus County as the Category 4 behemoth swept northeast across the Florida Peninsula, weakening to a tropical storm along the way.
Power company working to restore power at nearby apartment complex | Local News | chronicleonline.com
A large oak tree is down at the Hill and Pine apartment complex on South Pine Avenue and West Hill Street in Inverness. Duke Energy crews are on scene restoring
Hurricane Ian will move into the Tampa Bay area on Wednesday, bringing damaging winds with it.
Wednesday updates: Hurricane Ian punishes Florida with devastating winds, storm surge Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
Next 24 hours will be the most dangerous in Tampa, officials warn. More than 1.8 million without power in Florida.
Barry Kennedy, left, and Randy Tharp, owner of Citrus Framing and Trim, board up Heritage Antique Mall next door to Crystal River City Hall in preparation for Hurricane Ian.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Crystal River, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Crystal River, Florida
|Zip Codes||34423, 34428, 34429|