Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Cunningham, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Power knocked out at northwest Austin school, neighborhood after vehicle hits pole | KXAN Austin Open Navigation Close Navigation
A vehicle hit a pole near a northwest Austin school early Monday morning, knocking out power to the campus and nearby neighborhood, according to Austin Energy.
Texas-Alabama digital ticket issues stemmed from tech company outage Open Navigation Close Navigation
Issues with digital tickets for Saturday's Texas-Alabama game at DKR Texas Memorial Stadium stemmed from the tech company itself, officials with University of Texas Athletics said.
Power was restored to Barbara Jordan Terminal at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport just before 8 a.m. Wednesday after travelers were left in the dark for two to three hours that morning.
The Outage Management System (OMS) will be launched on Sept. 9. Through it, customers can view an outage map, check estimated restoration times, report outages, and receive outage alerts.
Texas heat: ERCOT breaks another power record, tracker shows Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Details Close Details
In the midst of a record-breaking weekend for heat, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas set another power record, according to their online tracker.
Global power grids are about to face their biggest test in decades with electricity generation strangled in the world's largest economies. War. Drought.
Most power outages fixed after thunderstorms hit Austin | KXAN Austin Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Details Close Details
About 150 Austin Energy customers are without power Sunday morning after thunderstorms moved through the Austin area overnight.
TYLER, Texas (KETK) - Tens of thousands of East Texans are without power as severe storms are impacting the area Tuesday morning.
A year later: Looking back at Texas’ February 2021 winter storm | KXAN Austin Open Navigation Close Navigation
One year after an unprecedented multiday winter storm left millions without power, heat and running water in Texas, KXAN takes a look back at the events that transpired and the legacy this storm leaves behind.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.