Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Cypress, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Last week, CenterPoint blamed buzzards for the power outages. However, this week they told us that problem had been resolved in a statement:
Residents in northwest Harris County, Texas said they've been dealing with intermittent power outages for a while now.
Residents in the Westfield Village Community are frustrated after dealing with several gas leaks, power outages, and a boil water notice over the past week.
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has an urgent meeting scheduled with his Cabinet to discuss an electricity crisis which has led to unprecedented levels of nationwide power blackouts.
A power outage at Hobby Airport caused delays to flights Saturday morning but have since been restored.
Echo Park restaurant struggles as heat wave triggers power outages | Echo Park News | theeastsiderla.com
Echo Park - First the pandemic threatened to put The Park’s Finest out of business. Now, power outages from the heat wave seem to be an even bigger problem, according
Henderson ISD moves middle school students to high school due to power outages Open Navigation Close Navigation
The City of Henderson released a statement Wednesday notifying residents of power outages across several city blocks.
Airport officials say an early morning power outage at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused delays and cancellations even after electricity was restored.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Cypress, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.