Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Dale, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Voting goes mostly smoothly on Election Day as baseless fraud claims swirl | CNN Politics Close icon Politics
State and local elections officials said Tuesday's voting in the midterm elections went smoothly overall, with a few isolated problems reported, including in the key swing state of Arizona where issues with voting machines sparked baseless claims about fraud.
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
What are the lessons to be learned from California's 10-day power grid emergency this month? Democrats and Republicans in Congress have their own takeaways, and both may be right.
POCATELLO — An issue with a power line caused a brush fire and power outage in the Pocatello area on Thursday night.
ONCOR says crews are actively working to restore power across East Texas | Local News | tylerpaper.com
A recent storm caused tens of thousands of ONCOR customers to lose power across East Texas.
The South is being walloped with severe weather and tornadoes after the same storm destroyed homes in Texas | CNN Close icon
A storm system that on Monday brought 25 tornadoes to Texas, including two that may have damaged about 1,000 homes, was spawning more twisters Tuesday as it pushed east.
Editor’s Note: This story is no longer being updated. HARLINGEN, Texas (KVEO) — We are keeping up with the power outages in the Rio Grande Valley. Brownsville PUB outages can be found here AEP outages can be found here. Magic Valley outages can be found here. The latest: 2/20 4:44 p.m. BPUB crews are still […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Dale, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.