Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Dallastown, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Weather events led to more significant power outages in Pennsylvania: report
Nobody complains about electricity until the lights go out. For many Pennsylvanians, that happened a record number of times last year.
Thousands without power across Central Pa. after winter storm | fox43.com
To report an outage to Met-Ed, you can call 1-888-544-4977. To report an outage to PPL, you can call 1-800-342-5775.
Power outage affects over 3,000 in York and Cumberland counties | fox43.com
A mobile substation is being brought in to assist those without power and will likely not become operational until later this evening, around 11:30 p.m.
Crash in Dallastown causes power outage | fox43.com
Around 2 a.m. on Oct. 25, a vehicle crashed into a pole with a transformer in York County, causing a power outage.
Over 27,000 went hours without power in York after outage | fox43.com
Service has been restored after some residents were without power for hours.
Planned power outage in Dallastown, Red Lion areas over night | fox43.com
YORK, Pa. – A thousand Metropolitan Edison customers in Dallastown and Red Lion boroughs in York County will be without power overnight. Met Ed says the ...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Dallastown, Pennsylvania
Louisiana power outages renew questions about utility giant’s preparedness for storms https://t.co/R840RFvVQp
Prepare now for possible power outages. https://t.co/qOBYUdR7IZ
Power outages hit Dominican Republic as TS Fred weakens https://t.co/8zDXcoNCE4
1500 people around me no power massive power outage due to a pole getting hit!
Power Outage In Puerto Rico Hits 337K Customers Amid Growing Outrage https://t.co/vaY2ljWzKx
Widespread blackouts hit Taiwan after power plant trips https://t.co/EsQ8gOaybH
Pharmacies prepare generators in case of winter weather-related power outages https://t.co/R50IAhZlEL
Due to a power outage, we are delaying the start of third shift tonight 2/8 to 7:30pm. Stay tuned as there my be another update.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Pennsylvania cities.
New school lane no power. My children were scared what’s going on.
42 east Main Street without power