Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in De Soto, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
Kansas City live weather updates - accumulating snow in the metro
The highest amounts were just south and southeast of the KC Metro
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from De Soto, Missouri
Festus, MO (7:45 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage eve… https://t.co/zmWFCMPdHw
Desoto, MO (5:04 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage eve… https://t.co/018X0OoTYz
Hillsboro, MO (10:37 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage… https://t.co/oMIcnY6fu2
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Missouri cities.
De Soto, Missouri