Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Deer Park, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
Deer Park teens' award-winning horror film is headed to New York festival
Pasadena and Deer Park collectively make $4.6M in July sales tax revenue, report shows
Deer Park FFA students win big in PLS&R turkey competition
Ivette Garrido hurried last week to get the 6 kilograms (13 pounds) of subsidized chicken allotted to her family by Cuba's government and put it in the freezer, happy to have meat to get through Hurricane Ian.
The National Weather Service office in Binghamton is advising that some rocky weather could be in store for the final official days of summer.
A new report say undermaintained power infrastructure led to Texas having the more weather-related outages.
Large-scale power outages are becoming more common across the country and in Maine.
Deer Park volleyball looks impressive in 22-6A opener
Before a packed crowd to celebrate Deer Park’s football home opener, the Deer roared...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Deer Park, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.