Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Defiance, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
‘Andor’ Episode 9 Breakdown: The Empire Is Scarier Without Sith Lords and Superweapons - The Ringer clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile Follow The Ringer on Twitter Follow The Ringer on Instagram Follow The Ringer on Youtube Search
By avoiding Darth Vader, the Death Star, and the dark side of the Force, ‘Andor’ has foregrounded the disturbing banality of the Empire’s evil
Much of East Toledo was in the dark late Friday after a pickup truck hit a power pole on Front and Craig streets near the Toledo Shipyard. The crash was ...
7,266 FirstEnergy and AEP customers in Richland County enter weekend without power | Weather | richlandsource.com
Thousands of Richland County residents entered the weekend without electricity, despite published power company estimates that it would be restored by late Friday night.
Wind damage from thunderstorms that rolled through the area Monday evening appears to have been widespread, mostly taking down trees and branches and damaging nearby property.
Storms leave damage in their wake as they roll through Toledo Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Severe storms barreled through the north edge of Toledo, knocking down trees and power lines, leaving thousands without power.
Toledo Edison's website shows Lucas, Defiance, Fulton, Wood and Henry Counties are without power June 21
Toledo Edison customers in Defiance and Henry counties in northwest Ohio experienced a power outage Friday morning.
Lights in downtown Archbold were glowing again after power was restored about 10:45 pm, Sunday night, Feb. 21. Traffic signals no longer function when power goes out, and Archbold Street Department crews place stop signs at some intersections. This photo, taken soon after power was restored, shows the stop sign at West Holland Street and
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Defiance, Ohio
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.