Did you lose power?
Power restored on Danish island; outage was 'local fault' | KRDO circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
A heat wave wasn’t the only reason Xcel Energy locked customers out of their thermostats — their largest coal plant broke down | Colorado Public Radio CPR Logo cpr-logo-news Facebook Twitter Colorado Public Radio Instagram Facebook Twitter
Comanche 3 is Colorado's youngest, and largest, coal plant — and one of its least reliable energy sources.
Heat Watch Tuesday: Santa Rosa hits 115, its hottest high on record. Will Wednesday bring a brief cool down?
Weather experts described Tuesday as the peak in the weeklong heat wave that looks to be the longest and hottest on record in California.
Summer heat could overwhelm the power grid, but Colorado utilities say rolling blackouts won’t be a problem | Colorado Public Radio CPR Logo cpr-logo-news Facebook Twitter Colorado Public Radio Instagram Facebook Twitter
This year, at least. Officials say the move beyond fossil fuels and a growing population have created uncertainty for electricity service next year.
Heavy, Wet Snow Brings Some Power Outages To Denver | Colorado Public Radio CPR Logo cpr-logo-news Facebook Twitter Colorado Public Radio Instagram Facebook Twitter
There's heavy, wet snow out there.
Map of PG&E power outage zones in Northern California - Curbed SF clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile Search Vox Media
Power is already out across the Bay Area, with more shutoffs to come.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Del Norte, Colorado