Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Derry, New Hampshire? Contact your local utility company.
The Folk Show's listing of folk related events in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of open mics, dances and shows in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of shows and dances in and around our listening area.
Power Outage Reported In Concord, Capital Region - Concord, NH - Update: Unitil and Eversource customers are beginning to come back online; about 700 still without power in Concord, Chichester, Loudon.
Storm Knocks Out Power To Thousands In Concord, Capital Region - Concord, NH - Update: 6K Eversource and Unitil customers are without power; companies expect electricity to be restored between midnight and 3:30 a.m.
Man Found Inside Porta-Potty Died Of Gunshots To The Head: PM Patch NH - Concord, NH - Police chief honored for 50 years of service; indictments; teen sentenced to 34 years-plus for murder; landscapers stiffed OT; go Celtics!
ISO Warns About Summer Electricity Demand, Rolling Blackouts Possible - Concord, NH - System operators may be forced to call for controlled power outages to protect the overall grid, according to officials.
More Than 1,500 Without Power In Concord - Concord, NH - Breaking: Unitil is currently assessing how long it will be before they restore power in the city; smaller outages reported in Bow, Webster.
?A crash in Derry on Monday morning led to the partial closure of Route 28 and some power outages.
Power Outages Reported In Concord, Capital Region - Concord, NH - Unitil and Eversource are reporting hundreds of customers without power due to blustery winds knocking down trees, branches.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Derry, New Hampshire
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.