Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Durham, Connecticut? Contact your local utility company.
See how your town voted on Election Day in Connecticut and get the latest updates as votes continue to be counted.
Nearly 200 Norwich Public Utilities customers to be without power as crews repair pole Open Navigation Close Navigation
Norwich Public Utilities is warning residents of a power outage that will impact over 1,000 customers on Wednesday morning.
Underground wire failure causes power outage at Bella Vista building in New Haven Open Navigation Close Navigation
Officials are investigating a power outage at the Bella Vista complex in New Haven this weekend.
Over 10,000 Power Outages Reported Across Conn., Some Schools Delayed, Closed Due to Storm Damage – NBC Connecticut
Thousands of power outages are reported across Connecticut as a result of Sunday night’s storms and some schools were on a two-hour delay on Monday while...
CT Power Outages: Still 90,000 Without Electricity Monday - Across Connecticut, CT - Eversource released town-by-town estimates for when power will be returned to nearly 90,000 Connecticut residents.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Durham, Connecticut
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.