Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in East Canton, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
Cuyahoga Falls city-wide transmission grid equipment updates Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Residents in Cuyahoga Falls may see some issues with power outages through part of Sunday morning.
Squirrels: How often do they cause power outages? | Fox 8 Cleveland WJW Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
A series of thunderstorms in Northeast Ohio Wednesday evening downed trees and power lines in Wayne County, among other areas of Northeast Ohio, but also provided some stunning skies.
Many people who are under a heat advisory for a second day also remain without power.
FirstEnergy crews work to restore power in Northeast Ohio after storm Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
In Ashland County, more than 6,000 customers were without power.
Saturday afternoon brought severe thunderstorms to Northeast Ohio, with a tornado watch even issued for Huron County at one point.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from East Canton, Ohio
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
East Canton, Ohio