Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in East Lynn, West Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
DEBORAH LYNN SAMPLES, 66, of Pratt, WV, passed away on October 10, 2022. Pryor Funeral Home in East Bank is assisting the family with cremation arrangements.
CHARLESTON, WV (WVNS) — We are still remembering the life of beloved country music star Loretta Lynn who passed away peacefully at the age of 90. With memorable big hits, such as “Coal Miner’s Daughter,” Loretta Lynn was a prominent figure in the country music world, even performing at the Grand Ole Opry, and performed […]
Pennsylvania brothers charged after allegedly taking tractor at gunpoint in West Virginia | WBOY Open Navigation Close Navigation
Two brothers from Pennsylvania have been charged after they allegedly took a tractor at gunpoint from a Morgantown, Monongalia County, West Virginia home.
BLUEFIELD — Virginians and West Virginians were being advised Thursday to take precautions as remnants of the devastating Hurricane Ian may bring between 3 to 4 inches of rain to
West Virginia has lots of beautiful wildlife, including freshwater jellyfish in its lakes and rivers that are almost completely transparent, and were originally called peach blossom fish in China, according to the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources (DNR).
BECKLEY, WV (WVNS) – What famous books make you think of West Virginia? Every state has its hallmark writers. Mississippi has William Faulkner and his incomparable (fictional) Yoknapatawpha County and Missouri can lay claim to Mark Twain. The state of Maine is gifted with Pulitzer winner Richard Russo and horror icon Stephen King. Rural Pennsylvania […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from East Lynn, West Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.