Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Eau Claire, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Report an Outage(888) 544-4877 Report Online
Central Electric Cooperative Inc
Report an Outage(800) 282-8610 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 888-2726 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 552-7583 Report Online
MidAmerican Energy Company
Report an Outage(888) 427-5632 Report Online
Sussex County and Morris County power outage after I-80 accident
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Aug 9, 2022
Six Flags Great Adventure closed during power outage
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
Jul 22, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Pennsylvania cities.
Eau Claire, Pennsylvania
Lost power about 7:45.