Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Ellicott City, Maryland? Contact your local utility company.
Thousands In Maryland Without Power Following Overnight Storm | Baltimore Daily Voice
More than 20,000 Maryland customers are still in the dark after storms rolled through the region, bringing whipping winds, toppling trees, and downing power lines and wires overnight. Baltimore Gas and Electric crews worked through the nig…
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Ellicott City, Maryland
Clarksville, MD (9:56 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outag… https://t.co/sm985URi4C
Clarksville, MD (9:10 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outag… https://t.co/2d3GdxCkDC
Squirrel blamed for power outage affecting nearly 2,000 in Oregon: A power outage that affected 1,953 customers in… https://t.co/y3d0ORdbwy
Maryland weather: Nearly 600 without power in Baltimore area after Monday storms https://t.co/2EqfwdxiZO #HoCoMD
It's gone into so many layers of lies the media will accidently tell the truth as the global power outage starts th… https://t.co/62wrxlM2ZJ
We are using #NASABlackMarble nighttime imagery to get a close-up view of power outages and recovery efforts follow… https://t.co/b7TjIOWTBb
Good read from @PopSci on the recent power outages in Texas, including insightful perspectives from my @ICF colleag… https://t.co/N4zFFxUUvX
@MyBGE asking about a power outage in Columbia, MD is it widespread? I reported it but only said they’d try to rest… https://t.co/AaHqlMwbEs
Due to a power outage, we will be closing early TONIGHT (9/3). Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to see you… https://t.co/n7loIfbUbm
RT @PrincipalNovak: Hopefully the storm doesn’t cause any power outages! BTSN info can be found at this site. If you can’t access the live…
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Ellicott City, Maryland
|Zip Codes||21041, 21042, 21043|