Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Evans City, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Evans City Power Outages Caused by Weather
The RGJ's Election blog is now live. Check for updates throughout the day to see what's happening as Nevada counts ballots.
John Fetterman wins Senate race and Josh Shapiro elected Pa. governor as Democrats take both statewide races tooltip tooltip
Voters have chosen Pennsylvania's next governor and a new U.S. senator to represent the commonwealth.
SHARON – A paving contractor’s truck clipped utility lines in a Sharon residential area Tuesday afternoon, downing a utility pole, damaging another and disabling traffic lights along a nearby four-lane
/PRNewswire/ -- West Penn Power, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), is upgrading its distribution system in Butler County to help prevent lengthy...
Global Power Outages, High Prices, Extreme Weather and Supply Chain Issues Arose in 2021 - Natural Gas Intelligence
Extreme weather events, supply shortages, post-Covid-19 demand growth and technical failures gave rise to roughly 4% of the world’s population, roughly
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Evans City, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Evans City, Pennsylvania