Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fairfield, Connecticut? Contact your local utility company.
NEW YORK (AP) — Dhonielle Clayton is not just a bestselling author of young adult...
Windsor police said a Mercedes driven by a minor caught fire after crashing into two parked cars Wednesday afternoon. The occupants fled the scene, police said.
See how your town voted on Election Day in Connecticut and get the latest updates as votes continue to be counted.
Power Restored To Affected Customers In Darien: Eversource - Darien, CT - A portion of Hollow Tree Ridge Road in the area of Timber Lane had been closed due to a fallen tree and downed power lines.
There was a two-hour delay at Ivy Drive School in Bristol Wednesday because of a power outage. A message on the school department website says crews were...
Nearly 1,500 households in Connecticut, including more than 400 in Weston, are without power as Hurricane Ian remnants bring rain and wind to the region
Power was restored to Seguin early Sunday morning after fixing an outage that caused almost half of the city to lose electricity.
More than 2,000 power outages were reported at times on Friday due to the gusty winds bringing down trees and utility lines.
I'm addicted to digital media. I need internet access every minute I'm awake. There are a lot of us out there, especially in New Milford
The National Weather Service office in Binghamton is advising that some rocky weather could be in store for the final official days of summer.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fairfield, Connecticut
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||06824, 06825, 06828|