Did you lose power?
Falls Church Power Outages Caused by Weather
Live updates on how Election Day 2022 is unfolding in Virginia
Water and electricity might not be restored to all the homes, businesses, schools and hospitals in Southwest Florida until Sunday. Updates.
Town officials praise Energy Services staff for restoring power during Saturday’s storm - Royal Examiner
The aftermath of Hurricane Ian, which brought strong winds and heavy rain to the commonwealth, wreaked havoc on some Front Royal residents over the weekend. Mary Ellen Lynn, Interim Director of Energy Services, said Monday that about 1,500 homes and businesses experienced a loss of power twice on Saturday, Oct. 1, following two large power
Dominion Energy restores power to thousands of customers after Virginia widespread outages | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
Heavy wind and rain hit Virginia on Friday, leading to thousands of power outages across the state. As of Saturday morning, Dominion energy has restored power to thousands of customers, and crews are still working on active outages.
Though there was a "lull" in the weather Saturday, the National Weather Service said winds of over 40 miles an hour will hit the region Sunday afternoon.
Fallen trees in Piedmont Triad damage homes, knock out power for around 350,000 people across NC | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
THOMASVILLE, N.C. (WGHP) — Fallen trees are causing problems on Friday afternoon as the remnants of Hurricane Ian continue to cause storms in the Piedmont Triad. Gary Gray, his wife and son were at their home on Arden Place in High Point, when they heard a loud noise. “It almost sounded like you could hear […]
BLUEFIELD — Virginians and West Virginians were being advised Thursday to take precautions as remnants of the devastating Hurricane Ian may bring between 3 to 4 inches of rain to
Early Saturday, President Biden approved a state of emergency in North Carolina and "ordered Federal assistance to supplement State, tribal, and local response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from Hurricane Ian."
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Falls Church, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Falls Church, Virginia
|Zip Codes||22040, 22041, 22042, 22043, 22044, 22046|