Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fernley, Nevada? Contact your local utility company.
Fernley Power Outages Caused by Weather
2022 Election Results Live Blog: Laxalt concedes Senate race to Cortez Masto – The Nevada Independent
UPDATE 10AM: Power has been fully restored around Carson City, according to NV Energy. **** More than 650 NV Energy customers in Carson City were without power Friday morning due to multiple outage areas. The cause of the outage is under investigation.
UPDATE: Power has been restored. UPDATE 3:30PM: NV Energy reports 475 customers remain without power as of 3:30 p.m. Power should be restored by 5:15 p.m. *** UPDATE 2:23PM: NV Energy reports 649 customers are without power due to an outage in Carson City. NV Energy expects power to be restored by 4:15 p.m. The cause is under investigation.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fernley, Nevada
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.