Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fitchburg, Massachusetts? Contact your local utility company.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
Power outages are the biggest concern in the latest storm with a high wind warning. Thousands of people woke up in the dark Friday morning in Massachusetts.
The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency warned that the greatest risk for outages was in the eastern part of the state, including Cape Cod and the...
Thousands of Massachusetts residents are without power Friday as a powerful storm moves through New England, bringing heavy rain and wind.
Nearly 28,000 Unitil customers were in the dark Friday night following a power outage affecting multiple towns in north-central Massachusetts.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.