Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Flagstaff, Arizona? Contact your local utility company.
By Saturday night most of Arizona will be in an 80% chance to get precipitation. Special weather statements are in place.
A rogue wind event caused a brief power outage in Flagstaff on Friday, resulting in the shutdown of restaurants, traffic delays and even some hotel guests being trapped in an
If passed, Proposition 441 in Flagstaff could generate a nearly $58 million investment in city infrastructure.
For police in pursuit or searching for suspects, they’re eyes in the sky. For wildland firefighters, they’re a ride out of dangerous situations. For lost or injured hikers and climbers,
After a tornado touched down in northern Arizona, storm activity is now rolling through the Valley.
Arturo Massol-Deya, the executive director of Casa Pueblo de Adjuntas, visited Northern Arizona University (NAU) on Tuesday as part of its presidential speaker series and explained how Casa Pueblo is
Flagstaff residents, small businesses offered SBA loans for monsoon destruction at low interest rates
It's the end of the monsoon season, but for those in Flagstaff, the monsoon caused damage that'll take some time to recover from. The Small Business Administration is offering low-interest rate loans to those impacted.
Forest Service reviewing, seeking input on post-fire flood mitigation proposals | Arizona Emergency information Network
It's been a rough few years for Flagstaff and many of the people who live there. First, it was wildfires that forced people out of their homes, and then, flooding, once the rain started falling. But good news is on the way for people in the northern Arizona city.
Authorities found three girls, between the ages of 11 and 14, in the trailer Samuel Bateman was hauling through Flagstaff, according to court documents.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Flagstaff, Arizona
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.