Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Folsom, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
California avoids rolling blackouts for another night; outages still plague La Jolla - La Jolla Light
California came within a hair’s breadth of experiencing rolling blackouts the night of Sept. 6, but as of 8 p.m., the system operator that manages the grid for about 80 percent of the Golden State continued to keep the lights on.
Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency in 20 California counties to help support local governments through ongoing storm response efforts, ?as tens of thousands of people remain without power in the Sierra.
SMUD crews were making progress restoring power to downtown Sacramento on Wednesday morning, a day after a fire at a historic substation knocked off the lights for about 1,300 customers.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Folsom, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.