Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Forest City, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
Forest City Power Outages Caused by Weather
Hundreds lose electricity Saturday morning.
Thousands of electric customers in Moore County lost power after a thunderstorm barreled through the area on Saturday evening.
Severe weather tore across a large area of Wisconsin on Wednesday, including most or all of the state's largest population centers.
Several thousand Broome County NYSEG customers, including Walmart and other big retailers in Vestal, lost electric service in the aftermath of strong thunderstorms.
A snapped power line left most of Pine without power from about 9:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 8. A resident saw a power line dangling over the
Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency in 20 California counties to help support local governments through ongoing storm response efforts, ?as tens of thousands of people remain without power in the Sierra.
Local electric co-op says crews are hard at work restoring power.
US weather: More than 400K have no power across central states after storms deliver record spate of hurricane-force gusts | CNN Close icon
Intense storms delivered a destructive and record-setting spate of winds Wednesday from the Rockies to the Great Lakes, tearing off roofs, overturning trucks, shutting down a stretch of an interstate highway and even forcing evacuation of some air traffic controllers.
Forecasters warned Tuesday that winds on Wednesday could reach 75 mph in parts of Iowa during a windstorm.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Forest City, Iowa
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Forest City, Iowa