Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fort Morgan, Colorado? Contact your local utility company.
Colorado state government's main website, Colorado.gov, was taken down Wednesday due to a possible spat of cyberattacks across the country.
CenturyLink users in the Denver area and elsewhere across Colorado reported widespread outages on Thursday afternoon.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Large power outage puts Commerce City on accident alert | FOX31 Denver Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Commerce City officials have announced that the city is on accident alert due to a large power outage.
Vulnerable U.S. electric grid facing threats from Russia and domestic terrorists - 60 Minutes - CBS News
Bill Whitaker reports that a coordinated attack on a relatively small number of critical substations could plunge the U.S. into darkness.
One year after the deadly blackout, Texas officials have done little to prevent the next one—which could be far worse.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fort Morgan, Colorado
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.