Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fort Myers, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Electric companies and utility regulators are examining what efforts aid — and hinder — resilience and restoration as Florida rebuilds after Hurricane
Local animal shelters moving forward post-hurricane | News, Sports, Jobs - SANIBEL-CAPTIVA - Island Reporter, Islander and Current
The impact of Hurricane Ian has affected all in the Southwest Florida area, including our four-legged friends. Local animal shelters were lucky to have not sus
Parts of Southwest Florida are starting to experience power outages as the effects of Tropical Storm Nicole are felt.
How to Protect Your Wine From Heat, Power Outages and Earthquakes (Yes, Earthquakes) - WSJ Powered by Dow Jones
Proper storage can help keep your collection safe, while insurance provides backup in case bottles become damaged
Damage to the main line causes widespread outage in Downtown Fort Myers Monday night, impacting hundreds of power customers.
Some electric cars can power devices and even homes during blackouts and other extreme weather events.
After Ian, Florida waterways could remain polluted for months - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Many of the Florida’s toughest post-hurricane challenges are linked to failed sewage systems, which unload harmful bacteria and viruses.
Hurricane Ian tore through Southwest Florida, leaving thousands still without internet.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fort Myers, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Fort Myers, Florida
|Zip Codes||33901, 33902, 33905, 33906, 33907, 33908, 33911, 33912, 33913, 33916|