Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fostoria, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
Florida Power & Light
Report an Outage(800) 468-8243 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 769-3766 Report Online
Report an Outage(888) 891-0938 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 888-2726 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 895-1999 Report Online
No news found.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fostoria, Iowa
Due to the power outage that is now resolved, Spencer School Buses may be running a few minutes late this afternoon… https://t.co/MR0Hu33pV4
@spencercsd | 01:35 PM - 11 Nov 2021
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Iowa cities.