Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fountain Valley, California? Contact your local utility company.
Over 2,500 Lose Power In Long Beach: SCE - Long Beach, CA - 2,683 customers in Long Beach lost power Tuesday morning.
Power outage in Huntington Beach leaves as many as 15,700 Southern California Edison customers in the dark - Los Angeles Times
Residents reported hearing explosions and seeing flashes of blue light before everything went dark Sunday night.
Thousands Lose Power In Long Beach - Long Beach, CA - Metallic balloon causes 3,000 residents in Long Beach to lose power.
A food pantry in Livermore was forced to close early this week due to anticipated power outages across the East Bay, according to a post from the organization Tri-Valley Haven.
The mayor of San Jose said he is losing faith in PG&E's ability to serve the city during major heat waves after more than 100,000 residents lost power when temperatures soared above 100 degrees this week.
Diablo Valley College cancels Pleasant Hill classes due to power outage Open Navigation Close Navigation
PLEASANT HILL, Calif. (KRON) — Power outages have been hitting the Bay Area since the heat wave began to strain our power grid, and one East Bay college is cancelling classes due to the outage, according to a tweet from the school. Diablo Valley College located in Pleasant Hill announced on Tuesday that all classes […]
Temperature records set in Orange County over Labor Day weekend, heat wave continuing through Friday - Los Angeles Times
Temperatures continued to rise over the weekend and reached as high as 108 degrees in Santa Ana.
Extreme Heat Power Outages + Brew Ha Ha + Fairview Fire Deaths - Orange County, CA - The quickest way to catch up on the most important things happening today in Orange County.
(KRON) — Pacific Gas & Electric Co. is reporting massive power outages across the Bay Area as the region sees high temperatures. The North Bay, East Bay, and South Bay were hit hard by outages Monday afternoon, but by Tuesday morning things had started to let up. The outages listed in this story are likely […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fountain Valley, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Fountain Valley, California
|Zip Codes||92708, 92728|