Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fowler, Colorado? Contact your local utility company.
CDOT is working to minimize power outages that lead to closures at the Eisenhower Tunnel | SummitDaily.com
Two power outages in 2021 led to lengthy closures at the Eisenhower-Johnson Memorial Tunnels, backing up traffic for miles on both sides and throughout the northern end of Summit County. The Colorado Department of Transportation...
High winds bring down power lines, trees across southern Colorado | KRDO circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.