Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Franklin Grove, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Franklin Grove Power Outages Caused by Weather
A man killed last week in a Central Illinois train accident had been with a local grain cooperative for nearly a half-century, authorities said.
Columbus-area civic leaders continue to seek answers about how AEP decided which neighborhoods to cut power to after map indicates poor ones hit hard.
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — Strong winds, thunderstorms and high temperatures became a combination that left many without electricity for days. UPDATE: AEP Ohio has announced it will provide a $1 million fund to help reimburse residents who experienced widespread power outages. If you had food go bad, lost wages at your job or had to stay […]
American Electric Power hoped to restore electricity to all Columbus-area customers by 5 a.m. Thursday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Franklin Grove, Illinois