Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fredonia, New York? Contact your local utility company.
Fredonia Power Outages Caused by Weather
Fredonia officials gave a rundown of the village’s water issues at last week’s Board of Trustees meeting, in response to a question from a SUNY Fredonia stu
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
You’re probably tired of ERCOT being in the news, but unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like that’s going to change any time soon.
WESTFIELD — The Westfield Electric system, which serves about 3,300 residential and commercial customers, was working to restore power after an outage that be
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fredonia, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Fredonia, New York
|New York (NY)