Did you lose power?
Freehold Power Outages Caused by Weather
30 posts published by Dennis Symons during November 2022
The most shared negative experience from the October 2012 storm was the loss of power, which lasted several days for many Garden Staters.
2-Day Power Outage After Crash Damages 8 Poles In Toms River - Toms River, NJ - About 155 homes may be without power until Sunday, Toms River officials said. JCP&L offers free ice and water for the affected homes.
JCP&L: Power Restored After Outage In Red Bank Area - Red Bank-Shrewsbury, NJ - Power was out for about one hour late Tuesday morning in parts of Fair Haven, Red Bank, Rumson and Little Silver, but has been restored.
Power Outage From Downed Tree In Marlboro Affected 540 JCP&L Customers - Marlboro-Coltsneck, NJ - At about 8 a.m. Tuesday, police reported that Boundary Road was partially closed from the downed tree that also pulled down power lines.
Traffic Signals, Power Restored In Brick - Brick, NJ - Power has been restored to nearly all of the more than 5,200 homes and businesses that were left without electricity on Monday.
1,233 Middletown Homes, 2 Schools Lose Power Due To Downed Wire - Middletown, NJ - Both Bayshore Middle School and Leonardo Elementary School have been without power for the past hour:
Power Outages From Damage At Two Substations Hit Howell, Farmingdale - Howell, NJ - JCP&L no sooner restored power Tuesday from a blown fuse at Farmingdale Substation when Larrabee Substation in Howell had a blown fuse, too.
Power Outage Scheduled In Cedar Bridge Manor For Utility Work In Brick - Brick, NJ - The outage overnight in Brick is part of work being done to replace the Duck Farm Bridge on Hooper Avenue, police said.
Power Outage Hits 1,300 In Red Bank Wednesday - Red Bank-Shrewsbury, NJ - JCP&L says contractor work on a substation caused damage, resulting in the mid-day outage.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Freehold, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Freehold, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|