Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Freeland, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Spring snow covers Freeland area | wnep.com
Snow-covered roads made things slippery for drivers in Luzerne County on Tuesday. Newswatch 16's Andy Palumbo was in the Freeland area with a look at the conditions.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Freeland, Pennsylvania
Sugarloaf, PA (12:23 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage… https://t.co/Mn6iDcb7RM
Fourth power outage in 24 hours, perhaps PPL will get it right on the fourth try.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Pennsylvania cities.
The power went out in freeland can you please help us I really appreciate it thank you