Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Freeport, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Constellation Energy Corporation (NASDAQ:NASDAQ:CEG) Q3 2022 Earnings Conference Call November 8, 2022 10:00 A.M.
This morning showers and storms are moving through bring very heavy rain. Our entire area is under a Flood Watch until 10 a.m.
Utility truck damages Comcast lines, residents without service over 7 hours Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Freeport residents are experiencing a Comcast outage on Thursday.
Shooting knocks out Xfinity internet for portions of Rockford, Freeport | MyStateline.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Comcast confirmed that bullets pierced a network line and shut down Xfinity internet services in Rockford and Freeport on New Year’s Day. According to a Comcast representative, around 2 p.m. on Saturday, a network cable was damaged by a bullet in the 900 block of Winnebago. We can’t thank our crews […]
Internet and cable outage affects Rockford, Freeport-area Comcast customers Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Sometime after 1 p.m. Saturday, a fiber cable was cut between Rockford and Freeport, according to a Comcast customer service representative. They say the cut is significant and could take several hours to repair.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Freeport, Illinois
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.