Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fruitland, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
No news found.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fruitland, Iowa
Muscatine, IA (4:35 AM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outage… https://t.co/DSjSXqdkDV
Tens of millions of Americans endured bone-chilling temperatures, blizzard conditions, power outages and canceled h… https://t.co/1B5nIPYtbh
Nearly 170 million people are under winter weather advisories Monday, with icy roads, power outages, and dangerousl… https://t.co/9BYTOvTm6W
Also on this day in 2019 a 5.8-magnitude quake hit Puerto Rico, unleashing small landslides, causing power outages… https://t.co/9WkzKcJ5Qi
Throughout the Quad-Cities Monday, public-works and energy-company crews worked to restore power and remove downed… https://t.co/2vvQU9Ps1K
Photos: 'Bomb cyclone' hits thousands with flooding, power outages across US https://t.co/Xvbv4pGYYq https://t.co/2xpfjOnBK3
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Iowa cities.