Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Early Saturday, President Biden approved a state of emergency in North Carolina and "ordered Federal assistance to supplement State, tribal, and local response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from Hurricane Ian."
Duke Energy as of 7:20 p.m. reported 88,000 power outages near Raleigh and 11,000 outages in Durham with 2,000 power outages in Hillsborough. Open Navigation Close Navigation
100K+ power outages in central NC as severe storms hit Triangle
Fallen tree knocks out power for Garner Mini Mart, owner worried about frozen foods Open Navigation Close Navigation
The owner of a Garner mini mart is worried his frozen food supply is in jeopardy after a fallen tree outside the store knocked out power.
The heavy storms caused major power outages in the Triangle, where Duke Energy estimated over 5,000 customers were left without power.
Keeping your lights on: Fuquay-Varina plant aims to protect power grid from animals - ABC11 Raleigh-Durham
In Fuquay-Varina, the TE Connectivity plant is turning out products used worldwide to protect the power grid from animals, and animals from those high voltage areas.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|