Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Galesburg, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Galesburg Power Outages Caused by Weather
Illinois Link Card users won't be able to make purchases or ATM withdrawals for 2 days next week.
Power went out to hundreds Tuesday morning, April 20 in the Galesburg area. Ameren Illinois reported vehicle damage as the cause.
Over 24,000 Ameren customers without power during storms in Illinois | CIProud.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
ILLINOIS (WMBD) — Over 24,000 power outages are being reported right now on the Ameren Illinois Power Outages Map. This is at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. Nearly 13 percent of Peorians are without power as of 9:24 p.m. In Peoria County, over 130 customers are without service and there are over 7,600 power outages reported. Pekin […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Galesburg, Illinois
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||61401, 61402|