Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Garland, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Texas leads country for weather-related power outages
A line of storms that moved south through North Texas knocked out power for thousands of people in downtown Dallas late Sunday afternoon. An outage map on...
Speaking about the 2021 power crisis, Newsom accused Texas of "doubling down on the policies that grind those conditions."
By Lori Valigra, Bangor Daily News Staff Large-scale power outages are becoming more common across the country and in Maine as extreme weather, stoked by a warming climate, knocks out electricity to wider swaths of people. Between 2000 and 2021 some 83 percent of reported major outages in the U.
MSNBC, CNN give straight news on California grid issues after panning Texas over winter blackout | Fox News
Media outlets that mocked and criticized Texas over the 2021 winter storm that caused crippling blackouts are playing the news straight with California.
Power was restored to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport after a lengthy outage Wednesday that delayed flights.
Outages in Garland, Texas, can take some time to clear as crews work to restore electricity and downed power lines after Sunday afternoon's storms.
According to Glendale Water & Power, the rolling power outages will start Sunday and run through Tuesday with the "blackouts" lasting for about an hour.
A day after thunderstorms brought floods to Dallas-Fort Worth Monday, nearly all power had been restored by Tuesday afternoon. As of 2 p.m., electric utility...
Superintendent Damenion Miller said in an email that school will start at 10 a.m.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Garland, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.