Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Gay, West Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Gay Power Outages Caused by Weather
The Illuminating Company Completes $3 Million Tree-Trimming Project to Help Minimize Weather-Related Power Outages in Cleveland
/PRNewswire/ -- The Illuminating Company, a FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) subsidiary, has completed a complex $3 million tree-trimming project along nearly 100...
Extreme heat has sent electricity use soaring
UPDATED, 2:09 p. m. 7/7/22.
/PRNewswire/ -- FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) subsidiary Ohio Edison recently completed grid modernization work in Salem, Columbiana County, that will help...
/PRNewswire/ -- Penn Power, a FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) electric company in western Pennsylvania, is upgrading infrastructure in Mercer and Crawford...
Potomac Edison Completes Inspections and Maintenance to Help Enhance Service Reliability for Customers Through Summer Season
/PRNewswire/ -- In anticipation of increased electric use along with the potential for seasonal storms, Potomac Edison, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp....
Update at 10 a.m. -- More than 2,000 Dominion customers are still without power in Arlington. Update at 11 p.m. -- The number of Dominion customers still in the dark is down modestly, to 7,378. A company spokeswoman said "the storms left a lot damage" and "crews will work thru the night as
/PRNewswire/ -- West Penn Power, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), is upgrading its distribution system in Butler County to help prevent lengthy...
Fort Gay water customers under boil water advisory Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
In one part of our region, every household is facing a similar issue.
CHARLESTON — West Virginia American Water announced that a new customer advisory map is live on the company’s website. This user-friendly map allows West Virginia American Water customers to view
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Gay, West Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Gay, West Virginia
|West Virginia (WV)