Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Georgetown, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Top photos of the day as selected by the Associated Press.
O'Rouke has been driving throughout the state, trying to build a coalition similar to the one he had in 2018, when he narrowly lost to Ted Cruz. But this is 2022.
Jarrell, Texas hit with tornado Monday night, National Weather Service confirms Open Navigation Close Navigation
After an aerial survey of the storm damage near Jarrell, the National Weather Service confirmed Tuesday a tornado did hit the town during severe storms Monday night.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Hurricane Ian caused power outages for hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses in South Carolina and North Carolina Friday as the storm again made landfall.
Stormy Saturday leads to waterspout on Pawleys Island, power outage and tornado warning in Horry County | WCBD News 2 Open Navigation Close Navigation
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — A storm that moved across the Grand Strand Saturday morning knocked out power to about 950 Horry Electric customers in the Garden City area, produced a tornado warning in the Little River area, dumped lots of rain and even resulted in a watersport on Pawleys Island. Horry Electric Cooperative’s online […]
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
Power outages, structure fire and downed trees reported as storms roll through Central Texas | kvue.com
Both Pedernales Electric Co-Op and Bluebonnet Electric Co-Op are reporting outages Thursday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Georgetown, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.