Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Gibbon, Nebraska? Contact your local utility company.
Dawson Public Power
Report an Outage(308) 324-2386
Nebraska Public Power District
Report an Outage(877) 275-6773 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 895-1999 Report Online
Southern Public Power District
Report an Outage(800) 579-3019
Riverland Energy Cooperative
Report an Outage(800) 927-6206 Report Online
Multiple power outages reported across central Nebraska Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Customers experiencing an outage should contact their local power company, whether by phone or through the outage map on its website.
Dec 15, 2021
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.