Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Graham, Oklahoma? Contact your local utility company.
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
More than a half-million customers in Tampa Bay area communities were without power early Thursday morning as Hurricane Ian rolled through Central Florida. As of 4 a.m., there were nearly 508,549 outages reported in areas that include Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties. Outage numbers steadily increased all day Wednesday and into Thursday morning. Duke Energy reported 190,984 customers ...
Summer blackouts could hit these US states, regulators warn | KFOR.com Oklahoma City Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Blackouts could plague a number of states in the U.S. this summer, regulators warn, as a combination of drought, heat, potential cyber attacks, geopolitical conflicts and supply chain problems could disrupt the power supply, according to a grim new report from the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC).
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.