Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Granada Hills, California? Contact your local utility company.
No early signs of cyber disruption to US elections. CISA adds to KEV Catalog. Patch Tuesday. Comsec lessons learned. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
US midterm elections proceed without cyber disruption. CISA publishes new entries to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog. Patch Tuesday notes. Communications security lessons learned.
The first in the rash of blackouts began shortly before 8 a.m., affecting 34 addresses in Lincoln Park, Logan Heights and Mountain View, according to San Diego Gas & Electric.
Tropical Storm Kay is responsible for thousands of power outages throughout the Southern California area.
SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Thousands of Pacific Gas and Electric customers had power knocked out Thursday afternoon, according to PG&E’s outage map. The outage was affecting people in the Mission District, Portero Hill and the Dogpatch before it was resolved. There are 5,817 customers affected, according to PG&E. The outage began at 2:49 p.m. and […]
How can you cool off if the power's out? Here are tips for not melting when you lose power during a heat wave.
Worst stretch of the California heat wave arrives, potential for power outages increasing Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
California's chance of power outages will grow in the coming days, as the state prepares to enter the most brutal stretch yet of an ongoing heat wave, officials said Sunday.
These power outages happened as California's power grid manager asked people to conserve their energy during the heat wave, since the high temperatures push the grid to its limits.
Senior mobile homes lose power during excessive heat conditions in California Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A Southern California senior mobile home park has been without power since Thursday evening.
Tens of thousands of Southern California Edison customers may lose power during the electric supply company's scheduled outages, with some of the customers being left in the dark during this week's heat wave.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Granada Hills, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Granada Hills, California
|Zip Codes||91344, 91394|